Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Class Email List

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I finished compiling the class emails and have created our own email list - so you should have received our first group email on Friday. If you did not, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I do not want you to miss any important information. If you do not regularly check email, I will be happy to print out what I send/post and send home a hard copy in the home binder. However, you have to let me know that this is what you prefer. Thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention that I will only be posting here (usually) Monday - Thursday. The only homework over the weekend (usually) will be to read 10-20 minutes, depending on your child's stamina. Eventually, this will also include 3-5 minutes of studying flashcards to improve math fact automaticity. Get in the habit of checking your child's home binder/home folder nightly for any important papers. Get your child in the habit too, by discussing the color they ended the day on (Behavior calendar) and if they have materials in the correct place in the binder (notes and papers for home should be in the home FOLDER, not in the side pockets of the binder. Spending a few minutes talking about the importance of being organized and how to be organized (but not harping on it), will eventually sink in (maybe not for a few years)!! I am glad I spent some time reading this summer about what a second grader is developmentally ready to do because it has helped me understand what I can expect from your child. However, each child is different, so if you find that your child is having a difficult time with something I am expecting them to work on, please contact me by phone, email or note!

As a reminder - there is no school on Sept. 5 and 6 for the kids. After Labor Day, the staff has an Articulation Day at school. Also, our Curriculum Night is planned for Monday, Sept. 12 at 6:30.

Thanks!

No comments: