Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Our First Day!

Dear kids,
What a great first day we had!  I am SO LUCKY!!  I have not stopped talking about every one of you since I got home.  Sorry for the late post but traffic getting home was terrible.  Let me quickly get to the "homework" for tonight.  Today in class you learned a lot about me.  Tell your parents about the game we played called Numbered Heads Together, including what number you were and your team name.  Do you remember how many tallies you have on the board?  You are going to teach me a little about you with the Me Bag activity that is due on Friday.  Be sure you can elaborate (do you remember that word?) on the items you bring in.  This is one of my favorite activities and I love that you have a few days to really look for items that explain who you are.  And a spoon IS FINE, say if you like ice cream a whole bunch!! 

What I would like you to do tonight is come up with three true or false statements about your family.  One statement should be false and two should be true.  You can ask your family members to help you.  Write them on a paper or type them up. 

Here is the Kid President video clip we watched this morning. I know it was difficult for some of you to hear. I can't wait for more awesomeness tomorrow!!
:-)

No comments: