Saturday, March 31, 2018

EEND-675Y2 Artifact Blog Post 2 - ROBOTICS

Image result for robotics in the classroom




One of the things I love about these technology classes is all the exposure we get on the newest ideas and resources.  One of the projects I enjoyed was the research paper on technology trends.  While there is a very long list of resources I could choose from, I chose to focus my research on the use of web based teaching and practice programs (such as Zearn, Lexia, and Reflex Math), green screen technology, and robotics.

The area I found most fascinating was the use of robotics.  The many different applications for robotics in the classroom is mind boggling.  While this is going to be an important part of our future, it is important to remember the responsibility we, as teachers, have to have a purpose in mind for everything we expose kids to.  The use of robotics can give students an opportunity to work on problem solving skills, collaboration, and many other useful skills in and out of the classroom.

No comments: