Saturday, October 10, 2009

A couple days of learning

Hi everyone!
Well, I missed you all. For the last two days, I was at a class with Mrs. Eaton on how to be an even better teacher. We learned some new strategies and activities to use during our Literacy Block. We can't wait to show them to you. THe exciting thing was that some of the things the instructors were sharing with the whole group were things we are already doing with you. I hope you all had a good 2 days without me and I am looking forward to seeing how many letters you earned in GAME DAY. Feel free to email me this weekend to let me know how things went while I was gone and what you have planned for the long weekend (christi_grezlik@ipsd.org).

Here is what you should be working on this weekend:
Spelling list 8 was hopefully handed out yesterday-Pretest will be on Tuesday.
(we have a short week next week so only 2 activities will be due next Friday)
Culture Dolls - these are due on Wednesday so we can put them up for Open House (Thursday - 6:30 - 8:00p.m. BOOK FAIR TOO!)
Do you have any kid friendly magazines at home that we could have? They would be cut up, so don't send any if you want them back!! We will use them to add to another project we are working on. Thank you!

See you Tuesday! Remember - no school Monday for Columbus Day and early dismissal (12:00) on Wednesday for Staff Inservice.

No comments: