Tuesday, October 20, 2009

REVOLUTION

PARENTS,

Do you use this blog site to check the assigned homework for your child? Is your child writing the homework down in their assignment notebooks? They should be! I have things come up (and class on Tuesday nights)so I don't always get to post a blog in a timely manner. This site should not be used as a replacement for good work recording habits for your child. YOUR CHILD SHOULD BE RECORDING THE WORK IN THEIR ASSIGNMENT BOOKS! I am considering NOT posting regular homework assignments on the blog for this very reason. I believe I could be doing a disservice to the students by enabling them to NOT pay attention to the assignments during the day. Even without writing the homework down, most kids should remember what the work for the subjects is each day. These are skills that the kids need to be developing for the future. Please email me and let me know your thoughts about this. I will talk to the kids about it, wait a few days to hear from you all, and make my decision over the weekend. I would still post daily, but NOT include homework, just talk about what we are doing in class.

That said, our work tonight was:
Spelling - 3 act.
Fluency - Read toothpick passage
GAME HOUR tomorrow (school-wide celebration for Thumbs Up Awards)
Reading - in notebook, write what you can about the word REVOLUTION. We studied the Mexican Revolution today in literacy.

INSPIRING POSTERS ARE DUE TOMORROW!

picture day is tomorrow!!

email: christi_grezlik@ipsd.org

Thank you for your input! I value your opinion.

No comments: