Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Happy weekend, everyone!
I hope you are having a great time enjoying this gorgeous weather. We have been busy raking and cleaning and putting Halloween decorations away. I have also taken the time to finally "clean up" my blog, so I hope you can easily navigate it to find what could help your child at home. See the groupings in the right margin to find math sites, language sites, sites to visit for science and social studies, and miscellaneous links to use.

Blog Tip for Math Fact Practice
In the right hand column of this blog, click on the link: Otter Creek math Fact Practice. This will take you a teacher's site (from May Watts) that gives you the facts for each level. While the letter I sent home this week detailed the progress your child has made in this area so far this year, and it is my hope that you are using the fact sheets we sent home on Curriculum Night, this site will give you the facts specific to each level. If you don't have those cards, you can copy the facts onto index cards for at-home practice with your child. Each day, your child should write their level on their homework sheet. I cannot stress the importance of this skill so that energy can be placed on mastering concepts and problem solving, not on simple computation.

Conferences
I can't wait to meet with you at conferences this week. If you need to reschedule for another time, please let me know as soon as you can. See the "Upcoming Events" in the right margin for what the month's activities look like!

:-)

No comments: