Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fish for Sale (or Adoption)

Our class "pet," Sapphire, needs a home for Spring Break.  I will provide a fresh clean bowl of water and fish food pellets.  If you live close to Young, I am happy to drop her (?) off after school.  If you are farther from school, I will leave her here for you to pick up anytime (I will leave her in the office).  Any child who is interested in this short term experience needs to write a simple note to me promising to care for her and only feed her 4 pellets per day and protect her from excited siblings or other pets at home.  The letters that are signed by a parents will go into a raffle and I will call home to check during lunch.



We are busily working on our weather projects.  The kids are working in groups on the following weather events: hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, lightning, thunderstorms, blizzards, and tsunamis (not related to weather).  If your child would like some additional work time with their group, the classroom is open for them tomorrow morning from 8:15 to 9:00.  I will have laptops available. They can come in through the front door, just tell them to ring the buzzer and check in at the office.  More time will be given to complete this during the day, but some of the projects are a little laborious! Let me know if you have any questions.



Tomorrow is the day Young is celebrating Read Across America Day.  Your child should bring a PRB and some comforts from home for some cozy reading time. 

No comments: