Sunday, September 18, 2011

Take a Trip to Spelling CIty!

Some of you have visited Spelling City before and know how it works. This is a guide to those who haven't been to this great practice site before! I will use it to update the word wall list and may even put on word sorts that I use with each group. Most importantly for now, I have added all of the sight word lists for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. Please familiarize yourself with this site and allow your child 10-15 minutes to practice most days of the week. This will help your child build confidence in spelling, writing, and reading! Plus, it is super fun and engaging! Be sure to check my lists for new opportunities.

Here are the directions for this site:

1. On my blog, click on the Spelling City link in the right margin under "Links for this week's learning." This link will always be there so you can access it anytime. You can also just type in "spellingcity" in your address bar or google it!
2. On the site, click on the "Find a List" tab under the sun in the logo area.
3. in the "Find a list" search box, type in my name, christi grezlik, and hit search (you can also just type in grezlik and my name should come up)
4. find my name and click on it
5. find the list you want to work on
6. choose an activity to practice your words!

I hope you enjoy this new ADVENTURE with me!!

No comments: