Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Long Weekend.....

Boy, I know a few kids who are really looking forward to a nice long weekend!  This has been a challenging week, with tests (math and grammar), projects (Final Reading Response), and new expectations (new goals for reading log pages), but 5G kids are doing their best to keep up with it all!  What I have been impressed with this week:

1.  Kids reading my blog more than ever before.  Since telling them there would be secret messages that would help them move their clip up to Outstanding on our behavior chart, I have seen the biggest spikes in traffic on my blog!  Yesterday, we had almost 200 hits to the blog. Incredible!  Can I get a "Rodeo Roundup?"

2.  Kids making their own work lists for the week (a suggestion from an earlier post) to keep in their assignment book and mark off items as they complete them!  Can I get some" Fireworks?"

3.  Kids taking their grades to heart, knowing that they need to come prepared for tests and quizzes, but realizing that if they don't perform to their satisfaction, they can make changes in how they listen, study, and plan in the future.  That deserves a "Fantastic!"

4.  Creative ideas flying around the room for our health presentations tomorrow!  I can't wait to see some of these ideas from our jigsaw activity!  You are all "Brrrrrilliant!" 

Keep up the hard work, 5G!

See the post from Monday to see what is due tomorrow.  In addition to that, your health presentation (we've had time in class to work on this, but there may be a little bit of practicing that may need to be done to prepare).  Also, Mrs. Ryan's math class has link 3.3 and my math class has test reflections (due on Tuesday next week, signed in your notebook - test can stay at home).

Mrs. Ryan's class -  I put a great site link under math sites in the margin links to practice measuring angles ONLINE.. It's FUN!!!


No comments: