Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Excitement Overload!!

Well, it's about that time!  A new school year is just around the corner!  I am so excited for the new year, new classroom, new faces, new stuff to teach AND learn!  YAY!  I just can't wait!

If you are visiting this blog, you are either a former student (Hi!  Miss you all!) or a student I will have this year.  No matter what brought you here, I want to welcome you.  I hope you will take some time to look all around, at some of the tabs (individual pages) listed at the top (under the title), some old blog posts (they go WAAAAAYY back) to get a feel for what I am like and what I put on the blog, or some of the links on the right hand side (organized by subject area).  This year, I intend to keep up on this blog a bit, but will be using more as a resource, like a big binder with things I have collected over the years. 

This year, our school is using Edline, which is very much like a blog, except my Edline page will ONLY be viewable by a parent or a student in my current class.  My blog is available to anyone with the address or link.  Edline is going to be a wonderful addition to the way I communicate with my current class.  So, if you ARE a former student of mine, I am sorry to say that you will no longer be able to keep up on daily/weekly news reports, photos, videos, etc.  All the links will still be here, but my daily/weekly posting will take place on my Edline page, which ONLY my current students (and their parents) will be able to view.  Information will come home soon after school starts on how to activate your Edline so you can view my page.  I look forward to frequent communication!

So, in a way, I am saying "See you later" to this blog.  It will be like my trips to McDonald's.  I will visit it every once in a while, but I will not be a regular guest.   Wait!  That is a HORRIBLE example!  I go to McDonald's every week (sometimes a bit more) for my very favorite drink.  If you know what that is, you ARE a former student!  If not, you will soon find out!








See you all around Young, hopefully very soon!

No comments: