Sunday, July 29, 2018

EEND676 Reflection

This course was designed to introduce teachers to collaborative web tools to use with students.  I found it perfectly suited to the summer so I had time to explore all the different programs that were shared.  I feel so motivated and prepared for the upcoming school year, with our school going 1:1 with Chromebooks this fall. 


Like with the EEND678 class, I felt one of the most valuable parts of the class was the different ways we collaborated as classmates!  Learning by doing is always a good thing!  One of the major shifts in education over the last few years has been the collaboration piece. This is very different from where I was as a teacher when I first started out back in 1993.  I did virtually no project based learning and the teaching was very traditional: Stand and Deliver.  It is so exciting to see how far we have come with the new methods currently available.  I love having so many options for incorporating collaborative thinking at every turn, not only using technology as a resource, but also just discussion strategies as well.


As I have shared in my artifact reflections, one of my favorite things from the class was the interactive writing piece we did early in the class.  To me, this was collaboration at its finest. using many different tools during this activity made me understand how tech can be used in lots of ways to fully engage every member of a group in a safe and accepting environment. 


I also appreciate all of the discussions we had as a class, both in class and online, and how the information and resources were delivered. 

No comments: