Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My own math class...

Today I was out at a district meeting regarding the new math curriculum.  I learned how to plan the units more efficiently and use more effective engagment strategies.  I can't wait to come back and try some stuff out!

While I was gone, Mrs. Winchester was busy with you.  You did some reading work studying a few authors.  I hope you enjoyed this activity.  I LOVE reading about authors' lives: where they live, what they've written, what awards they've won.  It is so interesting and adds a great dimension to understanding where stories come from. I can't wait to hear what you learned.

In writing, we continue to think about what makes a good story from our lives by today listening about more "Tomie" stories.  Did you like the one about the hurricane and the new house?  I made a connection to Savvy when I read it from the 26 Fairmont Avenue book.  Did you?

In math (my accel. class), you graded your step graph work and studied circle graphs.  You have a 3 page handout/review of the class work that has places to answer questions throughout the reading and then activities to complete on the back page.  You will keep this to study the parts that make a circle graph.  Highlight the vocabulary you think is important!

In case you haven't been on Edmodo this week, I posted two assignments there today that are due by Friday (you will have some time to work on them in class, so they should not be homework unless you choose to do them at home).

See you tomorrow!

No comments: