Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Heat Wave

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had to get my girls after school from their sport events and then went to our school board meeting to hear about the plans for the terrible heat we've been dealing with. You all have been great, even though I know you'd prefer jumping in a big pool of water and then standing in front of the turbo fan! We actually had a few more turbo fans delivered to our school today. I missed you all today. I'll miss you more tomorrow!  I can't wait for Thursday when you come back!!

How is your social studies reading going?  Remember that you can break up the reading, read
a few sections of text. Then stop and think about it. Reading nonfiction requires different reading strategies. One is to adjust your reading rate. Slow down!!!  What's the rush?  You want that information to stick, right?! Otherwise, what's the point?  Also, reread to clarify (understand). If you went through a whole section and can't answer one question about it, that's not effective reading!  ?On Thursday, I expect the following to be completed:

Read all of lesson 3 in social studies
Answer lesson 3 question sheet
Complete your map and include the color key for the regions

All kids have math homework and an upcoming test. Use this extra free time to study.

Read at least 20 minutes both days, fill in your title and get a signature in your assignment book!

I hope you're staying cool like the cool dudes and dudettes you are!!  See you Thursday!

No comments: